Parka: Aritiza / Camouflage Top: Aritzia / Ripped Knee Denim: H&M / Combat Boots: Zara (Similar-ish)
With every new month I like to start fresh with not only work goals, but also personal ones. I like to take the time to not necessarily focus on the failures of the previous month, but reflect on the positives and what contributed to those successes. I like to believe that with January being the first month of the year, that it sets the tone for what the rest of the year will look like, so I make sure to set the bar high. Although January had some set backs, like everything I try to see the good in it. I thought I would share with you 5 of my favourite things that contributed to a great start to the year:
- I am so excited to share that my beautiful niece Emma was born in January! I am completely in love, like that annoying love where I can’t help but show everyone her pictures. On this same day I stopped by my brother’s house to spend time with her, & I was given the most incredible gift. Emma has been given my name as her middle name and it means so much to me. I also share my middle name with my aunt and it’s incredibly special to me, I am so thankful to share that with her.
- A goal I set for myself was to be more active on social media in January, and I could never imagine the impact it would have on my life. More than ever I am connecting with you guys through personal messages and comments on Instagram, and funny snapchats. I am inspired everyday by all of you, and I get emotional even thinking about how lucky I am to have such incredible support, thank you.
- We can either dwell on the fact that it’s winter or try and make the most of it, so this year I decided to get a snowboard pass. I just started learning a year ago and I am so proud to say that now I can officially snowboard, and do it well. I’m not sure what came over me in January but I decided to start trying out the terrain park, and with a few encouraging words from my brother I can now ride boxes and it’s so fun!
- The great deal I got on the parka, and boots shown in these pictures and featured in a haul video on my channel. I love buying key winter pieces during end of season sales, last year I scooped one of my favourite coats that you saw in another blog post here. I highly recommend buying that jacket or boots you’ve been eyeing all season that are finally on sale, you’ll thank me next winter. 😉
- THIS hair mask from Briogeo was my favourite in January, it leaves my hair feeling so soft, and NOT weighed down which I love. If I don’t deep condition my hair at least once a week in the winter time it becomes so dry and dull looking. I wonder if I should do a video on my favourite hair masks?
I’d love to hear what contributed to a successful January for you, and what you’re looking forward to this month. <3
Ps. Add me on snapchat here.