In today’s easy hair tutorial I am sharing with you how to do a jaw / claw clip hairstyle for long hair and medium hair lengths, but, I incorporate hair extensions for everyone who has short hair. I’ve previously shared this hair tutorial my YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram accounts. Today, I wanted to ensure it’s accessible for anyone with short hair. This hairstyle is quick, easy to recreate, and will stay secure in your hair all day long.
Hairstyles like this are my favourite because they look incredible in any settings. You could be headed to a special event, running late for work, or simply want to keep your hair out of the pool water. Claw clip hairstyles are amazing because they are very gentle on the hair, and can be easily switched up and changed with different hair accessories. Here I chose a gold claw clip-it’s like jewelry for your hair, making it perfect for special events.
How to Recreate Claw Clip Hairstyle:
• Begin by clipping in a 3-clip weft upside down at ear height (The extensions I wear (code ALEXGABOURY)).
• Place a 4-clip weft the normal way at temple height, and another at your crown.
• Gather your hair into your right hand at the base of your neck. Then, grab your ponytail with your left hand and tightly twist it clockwise two times.
• Use your right hand to anchor the base of your twist as you bring it to the top of your head.
• Let go and secure your twist into place with your favourite claw clip.
• For extra security, insert French pins along your twist.
• Place your index finger to the right of your twist near the top of your head, looping your ends over to the right and down.
• Secure it in place by wiggling bobby pins through.
• Fan out your twist so you can see it from the front.