Today’s how to hair tutorial is an easy hair up hair stick tutorial. Hair stick hairstyles are currently my favourite to create because they are quick, easy and beautiful. This hair stick updo is great for long hair and medium hair lengths and is perfect for holiday hairstyles or even New Year’s hairstyles. If you don’t have a hair stick, you can still recreate this hairstyle using a pen, pencil, chop stick, or even a hair fork. Share this bun hairstyle with anyone you think might need some hair inspiration, and don’t forget to check back, as I will have new tutorials soon.
How To Recreate This Hair Stick Updo
- Begin by gathering your hair in your left hand.
- Hold the hair stick in your right hand and place it behind your left hand, parallel to your head.
- Bring your ponytail up and over the hair stick to the left.
- Twist the hair stick a half-turn to the right as you bring it to the top of your head; the twist should feel tight.
- Using your left hand, pinch the full left side of your twist.
- Press the tip of the hair stick against your head, flipping it to the right. Push it against your scalp and out and over the left side of your twist where your finger is.
- Finally, tightly twist and tuck your ends.
Tips for Using Hair Sticks/Hair Forks:
- Ensure your hairstyle includes a tight twist.
- When inserting your hair stick, make sure it’s parallel to your head.
- Grab enough hair for it to feel tight as you flip.
- Wiggle your hair stick as you push it along your scalp.
- Allow the end to go out and over the left side of your twist for a more secure hold, rather than staying along your scalp.
- Securing quickly will create a tighter finish.
- Practice; it will take a few tries to get the hang of it, so try not to get discouraged.
Click here for my previous French Twist Hair Stick Hairstyle blog post.