Today’s easy hair tutorial is this half up half down hair stick hairstyle. This half pony hairstyle is great on medium and long hair, and is the perfect holiday hairstyle or even a new years hairstyle. I love how simple, yet effortless this hairstyle is, and that it can be recreated using a pen, pencil or even a hair fork. I have more hair stick hairstyles coming soon, so make sure to come back for more tutorials.
Tips for Using Hair Sticks/Hair Forks:
1. Ensure your hairstyle includes a tight twist.
2. When inserting your hair stick, make sure it’s parallel to your head.
3. Grab enough hair for it to feel tight as you flip.
4. Wiggle your hair stick as you push it along your scalp.
5. Allow the end to go out and over the left side of your twist for a more secure hold, rather than staying along your scalp.
6. Securing quickly will create a tighter finish.
7. Practice; it will take a few tries to get the hang of it, so try not to get discouraged.
How to Recreate Half Up Half Down Hair Stick Hairstyle:
• Begin by tracing in front of your ears to the top of your head.
• Once sectioned off and smoothed, hold your ponytail in your left hand.
• With the hair stick in your right hand, place it behind your left hand, parallel to your head.
• Bring your ponytail up and over the hair stick to the left.
• Twist your hair stick a half-turn to the right; the twist should feel tight.
• With your left hand, pinch the full left side of your twist.
• Push the tip of your hair stick against your head.
• Flip the stick to the right, pushing against your scalp and out and over the left side of your twist where your finger is, connecting your twist to your head.
• It can take a few tries to get the hang of it, so try not to get discouraged.