In today’s how to hair tutorial, I am sharing this easy low bun. This updo hairstyle is the perfect wedding hairstyle, wedding guest hairstyle, bridal hairstyle, bridesmaid hairstyle, prom hairstyle, or formal. This is a perfect updo for long hair, and medium hair lengths. I love how versatile this hairstyle is, and it can easily be dressed down for an everyday look.
- To recreate this hairstyle begin by gathering your hair above your nape and securing it into a tight ponytail.
- Pinch and pull pieces of hair around your crown to add volume and beautiful dimension.
- Onto the bun, pinch the top of your ponytail with your left hand and use this as an anchor.
- With your right hand, softly twist your ponytail clockwise two times.
- Begin wrapping your twisted ponytail counter-clockwise around your index finger on your left hand. Then tightly twist your ends and continue wrapping under your bun.
- Once your ends are tucked remove your index finger and you’ll see the beautiful bun shape created.
- Firmly hold your bun against your head and begin securing it around the outside.
- Finish off the updo with a shine spray and a gentle mist of hairspray. This next step is not required, but you can easily accessorize this hairstyle with hair pins like these beautiful Jennifer Behr Butterfly Pins.
I hope you found this tutorial helpful, please let me know what you would like to see next.