Today’s high bun updo hairstyle is a new favourite hairstyle of mine. This easy hair tutorial is not only quick and simple, but is ‘90s inspired and very on trend this season. This high bun updo looks beautiful on long hair and medium hair lengths and only takes a few minutes to recreate. This easy hairstyle is perfect for weddings, proms, bridal, bridesmaids, wedding guests, formal, or as a simple everyday hairstyle.
How to recreate this sleek soft low bun hairstyle:
• If you have short, thin hair, or are looking for more volume try adding in hair extensions. I wear Luxy Hair’s 20” Seamless Dimensional Beige Blonde Hair Extensions (code ALEX20).
• Loosely gather your hair into a mid ponytail so your hair swoops over your ear.
• Gently use your fingers or a fine tooth comb to smooth your hair and then pull out face framing pieces.
• Tightly hold your ponytail in your left hand, and with your right tightly twist your ponytail counterclockwise once bringing it to the top to create a twist at your crown.
• Secure into place with french pins by sliding them through the outside of your twist to the right, pushing them against your head, and sliding them in towards the centre.
• Repeat until secure.
• Divid the remaining hair into 4 sections. First gather the top right section of your hair, and wrap it around your fingers leaving out some ends, I wrapped twice.
• Hold your loop against your head above your twist so you can see it from the front, with your ends trailing out the side, and secure both sides into place with bobby pins.
• Repeat with the left side, pining beside your previous loop so it looks balanced.
• Repeat with your 2 remaining sections, pining them just below your previous loops.
• Use hair gel to stick those neck hairs into place.
• Finish off the look with some Moroccanoil Shine Spray.